Monday, February 21, 2011

We are in charge of how to act. We are in charge of how we react. We are in charge of how we feel. We are in charge of how people see us. WE are in FULL control of ourselves.... SO.... if we are down, depressed, miserable, disappointed, well the only one that can change how we feel is ourselves!!! WE are the ones that make our lives BRILLIANT or TERRIBLE we just need to decide which one we want.  I think that we tend to see life in a negative way its tuff when negative things are happening in our lives but even if it is we still need to be positive, upbeat and happy otherwise we wollow in self pity and wollow in our own misery.... yeah ok sometimes thats all we want to do, and yeah I have totally done that... but does it help??? NO! Does it help you feel better??? NO! SO why do we make that an option???

I have to say I could of seriously gone off the deep end with everything that has happened in my life but again where would that have gotten me??? Would that have helped??? NO WHERE!!! AND NO!!!
When you are a parent you cant just do what ever, you have a little person counting on you to be strong and be there for them so going off the deep end and being a totally physco would not help you or your child... if anything it would make matters 100% times worse!!!

You think about things too..... You wonder when your a single mom... I can do this.... I can handle this 100% .... any single parent is lying if they say they have everything under control.... It is just not possible! You always need that help. Always need that support. I am grateful enough to have my parents but lets be realistic you cant live with your parents forever! You need that mother and father to give that child balance. I mean a MOTHER and FATHER.... PARENTS.... HUSBAND and WIFE.... to have that balance and security for your child. Mothers can teach children only so much and fathers teach them the other things that mothers have no experience in what so ever. Mother is there to nuture and give guidance. Fathers are there to provide and protect and give counsel. ALSO the whole parents just living together and not getting married is a load of crap.. I have already had a rant about it but since Im on the subject again I'll say it again... The reason people dont get married is becoz its an easy way out if things dont work out.... If you truely love each other then marriage should not be feared.... if you want that sercurity for your children then again MARRIAGE SHOULD NOT BE FEARED. I know I know Im single but that is because I stuck to my choice of wanting to get married.... others disagreed. AGAIN ONE MORE TIME IF YOU DIDNT HEAR ME THE FIRST TIME......... IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF MARRIAGE THEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY OUT BECOZ YOU ARE UNSURE THAT THE REALTIONSHIP WILL LAST!   Thats MY views I totally understand that people will have an issue with that statement but Im not forcing you to think the way I do.... I respect other peoples opinions so I think mine should be respceted to! BUT you know what I know its true because I know soooooooo many people that have been all "happy" with their guys and then girls get pregnant and BAM dude is like "SEE YA" GONE! Which brings me to another point SOME guys ( I say some because I not going to brush all guys with the same brush), but SOME guys love the title of DAD.... but NO responsibilties! They are to busy thinking about how this effecting them while forgetting that their is more then them involved in the equation! I think marriage just shows how much people truely love one another and give that security to their children... And all those that say " I dont need a piece of paper to prove my love" Then my question is ... If its just a piece of paper then whats the big deal of getting married??? Why do people fear it??? because they doubt the relationship will last and they want a way out and dont want to deal with a messy divoirce!!

But back to what I was talking about before my little rant.... POSITIVE THINKING!!!! The way we think is the difference between being happy and sad. BUT JUST DO IT!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Alot of good points there Kath. I'm so glad to see you sticking to your priciples even though it is not the easy way out. I percieve that some of this post is directed at a person, or people. Personally, I feel, that if these thoughts you have put down here are directed at someone, how about you just say it out straight to them? Otherwise they may never know, and you will just become more and more frustrated with them. (with all the CAPS it seems that you might be shouting at someone! - but they may not be reading!! - so just tell them!)

    On your point about positivity. Yes, I agree! But! Sometimes you can find yourself in a hole, and you can't find the way out. Depression is a terrible illness. It deprives you of your self worth and you can feel like life is not worth trying to feel better for. You dont want to JUST DO IT! Why? What is the point?!

    Someone with Diabeties doesnt choose to have the illness, but can see the point in medication to feel better. Someone with depression is not the same. You can't see the point in taking medication, what is the point? You dont choose to be negative all the time. You dont choose to feel bad about yourself, your abilities or who you are, but you do.

    There are alot of talks by general authorities about positivity and depression. Keep them in mind if you ever find yourself in a hole that you can't find your way out of.

    We are in full control of ourselves! (Mostly...) BUT! We are not in charge of how people see us. We can be a happy person, but someone may see or percieve us to be snobby, false, or two faced. Most definately be the best you can be, set a good example, be happy, but we are not in charge of how people see us. You are in control of making good decisions in your life, BUT that doesn't mean that other people will see those decisions as good... know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel Katherine and also what Jenna is saying.
    im just gonna say Graditude to those who help their loved ones and when the loved one dosent get up fast enuff or messes up things in their life.. and they become depressed or whatever.
    its best to those who have helped them up again and again. <3 hopefully they never have to pay that back but alway be there to assist and help those who fall down also after they are on their two feet again.
    and what Jenna said.. (she just rocks at answers i guess) i believe is right and perrty accurate all around.
    My beliefe.. just dont get selfish or greedy even in the slightest and consistantly help others if you can. its always there.. we just dont choose it as offten as we should i think.
    when we get selfish we loose self control and other things. when we love others.. somthing grows inside us along with self respect and other great blessings. like understanding and controle also. ( i hope im making sense :D)
    put forth that love that you can give and let it grow, along with patience.. whats not possible?
    I liked what Both Katherine and Jenna said. Great minds and Great hearts, both they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that we cannot change or make people see us the way we want... as jenna says yes we can be a good example and hold out a helping hand but the rest is up to the other person... you cant force the matter...and it is different for people that suffer from depression but we need to be their for those people more than ever to show them that they are worth the effort and we love them and want to help them and thats with everyone as well... I want to help as many as I can but I cant make their choices for them... wish I could sometimes... but I cant! and I have Jenna dont know if it got through their brains tho!

    ReplyDelete