Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Phone call to God

So this new thing that is on the news is about people calling in their confessions!  Like this is taking things to a whole new level of crazy.... I know that the Cathloic Church is saying that they are not associated with this new thing but holy cow do they get a lot of crazy or bad press... from the Pope at one point stating the the Simpsons are Catholic to naughty priest and now phoning in confessions.  On one news article it said that since this things has happened less people have come to church and more have called in their confessions... People have found it convient and fits in with their crazy lifestyles.

BUT... think about it..... are we to busy for church??? Now a days less and less people are interested in God and religion.  They say I am 100% Catholic or 100% Jewish Or 100% Mormon..... but how many of them actually practice their religion... I know at one point I didn't.... So how many of us out there actually practices our religion???  Do we say we are such a religion because we actually believe in what we are or do we say that we are such a religion because well out of tradition or that simply what my family is so I guess I'm that too.  Do we really have a strong comformation that "THIS IS MY CHURCH  I KNOW ITS TRUE" or are you "well i guess its my church I guess what they saying is sort of true"  I know for me personally I grew up being in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints all my life but never really got to know for myself until in my 20's and only then did I know for myself.

I have to say when you look at the world today it has seriously changed from what it used to be... For example take the Catholic Church ( I know it might seem like I'm picking on the Catholic Church but I'm not its merely for example sake) .... back in the day Ireland was a strong Cathloic country everyone went to mass everyone listened to their Priests and did confession and that was that.  The priest say do not have sex before marriage, do not sin, do what you are told and as I said everyone went to mass no questions asked... now a days.... well marriage... whats that.... sin.... havnt a clue... Mass well I go to mass (at Christmas and Easter), confession I can call it in on the phone and Priest well hes the dude that said "I dont know coz i wasnt at mass"  In general religion is just not big anymore.... That is with every religion..... You can see more and more people doing things that the world does to fit in and blend in with the crowd, people are afraid to be different and to stand out. 

But if you look at what happened in the past you can understand why people dont want to stand out of the crowd:

Catholic Church: associated with peodophilia.... do you want to be associated with that and killed by the English???
Jews: Where chased and killed and treated like dirt.... why would they want that to happen to them???
Church of  Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints: persicuted and killed and got treated like rubbish got banished from their homes got tard and feathered because of what we believed... would we want that to happen to us???
Muslims: Because a few crazy muslims go around killing people and being terrorists then all get painted with the same brush and get called a terrorist.... would they want that????

At some point every religion was put under the fire and were tormented and punished for what they believe... is this the reason why this generation is so quiet about what they believe???  I think it has some part to play... I think some people think well why do I want to stand out and get bullied for what I believe when I can blend in with the crowd and fit in.... I know I did that at one point..... But then you think about the other side.... All those people stood strong and got tormented and killed because they stood up for thier beliefs!!  Should we not do the same.... I say yes!!! I think that if we truely believe in something we would die for what we believe in... I personally would rather die then deny what I believe in.... it might sound extreme but can someone really honestly say that about what they believe????

1 comment:

  1. I believe your right, you say things that are true and ppl need to look at whats important and need to ask themselves about their belifes, to question themselves and way more.
    I also think ppl dont practice as strong as they used to cause the casualness of acceptance of whatever doctrine exsists, causeing ppl to lean into their belifes. And trust in themselves more than the blessings and commandments given by spirutual and temporal doctorines. Laws and comandments.
    With such a wide variety and also soooo many social acceptable things now days its a strange or forign idea to conform to somthing, even ones belife in a god. And even so.. if its true about an opposition of spiritual forces.. the oppressor or enemy of God or good would drag or try convincing ppl into whatever he can get them into if it hinders or draws from a truth. So making ut even harder to fallow continually; faithfuly in things.
    And the things about calling your sins. in a confession. eather way..
    its still God and thst person whom you have to seek forgivness. and God knows the truth if your truly contrite about things and willing to change or if youve changed from what youve confessed to doing and never doing it again. or else have you really changed?
    Ask your self truly and deeply have you changed and want nothing to do with your sins. Ask yourself have you truly repented and forsaken it? And.. what was the reason for an atonement for sins; Jesus Christ as the spotless perfect sacrafice..
    Think and really want these things and God will show the way. And then some..
    And i say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen

    ReplyDelete