Monday, December 6, 2010

Gossip!

I wonder have the victims of gossip, gossiped themselves??? My answer... YES.... everyone gossips in some way or another.... I'm not saying its right, its just a fact! Problem is gossip gets messy and people say some really hurtful things when they think no-one will find out... but people always find out whats been said about them through gossip!  ITs a messy cycle! Did you know that 55% of men gossip and 65% of women gossip... I regretably admit that I have been in that 65%... BUT I have learnt my lesson and trying not to be apart of that statistic... I have seen how gossip can hurt and turn people very anger... I have been one of those people hurt by gossip so I know first hand.

I have also realised that people critisize others very quickly.... NO body is perfect... so what gives a person the right to critisize??? It unfortunetly turns people away from the church and sometimes those people never come back.... I think it is happening way to much... I like how Elder Bednar said that he would prefer if the chapel smelt more of cigerettes because at least those people are coming to church... But I find that instead of embracing people coming back to church people tend to speculate why they havnt been there in the first place... The Lord is the only one that has the right to judge anyone so lets leave that to him and just be friends with everyone!

As I said Im not perfect... but I think everyone needs to realise what they are saying.

1 comment:

  1. I like that quote about ciggarets, what if jugments or lots smelled or where wore on the outside.. you might find it difficult to walk anywhere or even go into a ward..
    Not saying dont make judgment because you have to make choice and desisions not to do things. But when it comes to ppl..
    Dont judge them for their actions. Love them regardless. But keep in mind what isnt good and still go for what is good,
    We alllllllll have made saddning mistakes. But others have made worse, and others worse than the last two. So on and so forth. But you have to commit unwavering hope and faith for that person. Love them.
    And if its judgmens twards petty things like vanity, dress, material status, social status, race, religion, wealth, whatever brings a heartbeat in the wrong desision. Take two steps back from it and walk twards better and kinder judgment, more loving actions. And even in yourself. Cause we are at more value than we see.. behind every dollar is gold, but screw money. Ppl arnt replaceable. No two souls are alike and everyone!! ... should not be judged unless its by those with full veiw of all actions and have that athority.. so dont gossip. Its bits of sickness that spews from mouth that isnt helping you. Or anyone else.

    ReplyDelete